Create warmth and ambience with an outdoor fire pit table
If one of your greatest joys of the summer season is lounging around on your deck or patio enjoying a glass of fine wine or sharing a good meal with your friends and family, or if you simply enjoy staying up talking under the stars until the wee hours of the morning, you undoubtedly wish the summer would never end!
Why not prolong your summer pleasures as the evenings and nights become cooler with the onset of fall? By installing a propane or natural gas fire pit table on your patio, your deck, your favorite spot on the lawn or the area around your pool, you can easily create an outdoor living space that’s warm and comfortable so you can continue enjoying meals and other outdoor activities for several more weeks. Don’t let the cold weather deprive you of these pleasant times spent outside!
Understandably, having a propane or natural gas fire pit table installed has become a very popular trend in Quebec when it comes to exterior design projects.
Gas fire pit table specifications
Like any resident, you must comply with municipal regulations, as well as all current safety standards. So before you get a gas fire pit, check with your municipality to learn about the various requirements, for example, whether you’ll need to obtain a permit.
During the installation process, you must observe all basic safety regulations regarding the use of outdoor fire pits. These include the requirement that the source of heat be placed on a fireproof base located far from any flammable materials and at least 10 feet away from any buildings.
Thanks to a wide variety of materials and shapes, you’ll have no problem finding a style that works for you and harmonizes with your exterior design, whether you prefer a refined, modern look, a classic look or a more intimate setting.
Currently, the most popular choices are rectangular models used as a central element requiring a lot of surrounding space and smaller circular models featuring gentle lines and taking up less space.
Natural gas or propane?
To fuel your outdoor fire pit table, you can choose between natural gas and propane. Each of these solutions presents certain advantages and disadvantages. Obviously, if the natural gas network doesn’t serve your property, you’ll have no choice but to use propane as fuel.
Natural gas is generally considered the more practical option, as the fire pit can be directly connected to the gas line supplying your property. In that case, all of the necessary pipes and connections will be buried underground. However, only a licensed, specialized company should perform the installation work. The natural gas supply will therefore be permanent, but your outdoor fire pit will also be fixed in place, so you won’t be able to move it.
On the other hand, if you opt for propane, you’ll have to purchase a gas canister (like the one you use for your barbecue) or lease a tank and then connect it to your fire pit. Some propane fire pits are equipped with wheels making them easy to move.
Regardless of whether you use natural gas or propane, you should be aware that the flames will be more powerful the higher the burner’s BTU rating is.
The following are some of the numerous advantages a gas fire pit offers.
- Light and warmth : : it enables you to make your outdoor spaces warm and pleasant, even when the weather is cool or cold
- Ease of use: : you can light and put out the fire quickly and easily with a single click, even during foul weather
- Versatility : vous pouvez gérer la hauteur de la flamme.
- Variety : there’s a large selection of available designs, shapes, materials, sizes, heights and accessories
- Exceptional durability.
- Flexible installation : no vent or chimney is required
- Practicality : you can place food or drinks around the edges of the fire pit
- Safety : it’s equipped with an emergency shutoff system, which will be activated in the event of any problem
- Eco-friendliness : gas burns cleanly without producing smoke, toxins, ashes or soot
- Minimal maintenance required
Indispensable accessories for your outdoor fire pit
In order to get the most out of your gas fire pit, you’ll want to make sure that it’s attractive and safe. To do this, consider the following accessories.
- A windscreen : with a tempered glass windscreen, for example, you’ll keep your glasses, food, clothing and other objects or people safely out of reach of the flames when it’s windy.
- A tabletop : by covering the central burner, it will enable you to take full advantage of your fire pit table when there’s no fire. Regardless of the shape of your fire pit table, a cover will transform it into a convenient low table.
- A protective cover : this will help you maintain your outdoor fire pit in good condition by protecting it from the elements. However, you’ll need to make sure that the protective cover fits your fire pit perfectly so that it will stay in place and remain weatherproof even on windy days.
To create a warm ambience with an outdoor fire pit table, call on the experts at JML. They offer a vast selection of products (various sizes, shapes and heights are available) with aluminum bases, aluminum or granite tops and high-quality burners that can be hooked up to a propane tank or connected to your natural gas line.
The specialists at JML would be more than happy to advise you on the propane or natural gas fire pit table that will best suit your needs in order to ensure that your exterior design project is a total success.